Second-hand bookshop at Sutton Hoo
The second-hand bookshop at Sutton Hoo has now re-opened. We have made a few changes to help keep everyone safe so please take the time to read through this article if you are visiting or donating items.
What you need to know
- The bookshop is open from 10.30am - 4.00pm. Please note that the bookshop will be closed on Thursdays and Fridays.
- To help keep everyone safe we will be limiting the number of people inside the bookshop at any one time so you may need to queue outside if we are particularly busy.
- If you are a regular visitor to Sutton Hoo please be aware that the bookshop has now moved from the Stables to the Court which is accessed from the courtyard.
- In line with government guidelines, you'll be required to wear a face covering whilst inside the bookshop, unless exempt.
- Assistance dogs only.
- Hand sanitiser is available to use.
- We have installed a protective screen at the desk.
- The bookshop has a separate entrance and exit, so that it’s easier to keep a safe distance from other customers.
- Every donated item will be quarantined for 72 hours before it goes out on the shelves.
- We will only be accepting card payment at this time.
From Saturday 10th October we will be accepting donations again. As our storage space is limited we can only take books and jigsaw puzzles at the moment. As the shelves clear, this will change and we will keep you updated on what we can accept and when.
Donations of up to 50 books/jigsaw puzzles can be brought in during opening hours (10.30am to 4.00pm) on Saturdays and Sundays, and between 10.30am and 12.00 noon on Mondays. If you wish to bring in larger donations of more than 50 books please email email@example.com