Easter at Tintagel Old Post Office
There's plenty going on at Tintagel Old Post Office this Easter. In our Cadbury Easter egg hunts, you can follow the clues hidden within the ancient building and claim your Cadbury chocolate prize. Create a rag rug Easter bunny in a workshop or hear traditional folk music in the garden.
Easter events and activities
Cadbury Easter Egg Hunt
Saturday 20 - Sunday 21 April, 10.30am-5pm. £2.50 per hunt. Normal admission applies.
Hunt throughout this ancient house and crack open the Easter eggs you find to reveal a clue.
Use the clues to help you complete your nature-themed activity sheet.
Once you have found all the clues and completed the hunt, be rewarded with a Cadbury chocolate egg!
What else is happening this Easter?
- Folk music in the garden. 10 April, 11am-3pm, free. Volunteer Anthony Rose will be playing a variety of stringed instruments and singing traditional folk and roots music from the West Country and beyond.
- Easter-themed rag rug workshop, 18 April, 11am-3pm. Join Deborah Hastings and the rag rug volunteers and learn how to up-cycle left-over fabrics into soft furnishings for the home. Make either a rag rug Easter rabbit, Easter chick, daffodil sari silk corsage or bluebell sari corsage.. NB there is a charge for materials used.
- Family history trail. Free, daily. Follow the trail in the hunt for history! Do you know what some of the items in the house were used for and who would have owned them?
- Photography competition. Free, daily. This year, the theme is 'my favourite thing' - we're asking photographers to take a shot of their favourite item in the collection or feature of the house. This can be interepreted any way you like and all styles, techniques or cameras are welcomed (even your phone!). All ages and abilities can take part and your photo might even end up shortlisted, on display in October and in with a chance of winning a prize! Ask a member of staff for a terms and conditions sheet and where to upload your photos after your visit.
- Victorian dressing up. Free, daily (weather permitting). Look the part of the postmaster and postmistress with Victorian dressing up clothing. Perfect for a family photo and with sizes for grown-ups too!
- Garden games. Free, daily (weather permitting). Challenge your friends and family in noughts-and-crosses, dominoes or rummage through the garden explorer box before searching for flowers, bug and beasties.