Eating at Wray Castle
Snacks and refreshments are available in the old Drawing Room at the Castle. This is run by our local tenants from The Tower Banks Arms, at Near Sawrey.
Grab and go
We currently have no useable kitchens, but you'll still find a range of hot and cold drinks together with an array of cakes, snacks and sandwiches, freshly prepared every day by The Tower Bank Arms.
Their sandwiches, which range from crayfish with Marie Rose sauce - a bestseller - to smoked salmon and cucumber, and Cheddar cheese with Westmorland chutney, have proved very popular.
What's on the menu
- Sandwich selection - you'll have to be quick as they fly off the shelves
- Tray bakes, muffins, cakes and scones
- Crisps, nuts, biscuits, fruit, confectionery and ice creams
- Freshly ground coffee and Lakeland Tea specially blended to complement the soft water of the Lake District
- Fruit teas, herbal infusions, hot chocolate and, if you feel like a treat, one with all the trimmings!
- Fruit juices, smoothies, milk shakes, sparkling and still water, fruit cartons, fizzy cans, presses and traditional bottled drinks.dwiches freshly prepared every day by the Tower Bank Arms.
Keeping it local
The Tower Bank Arms use local suppliers wherever possible. Scones and artisan breads are baked for them by the award-winning Lovingly Artisan. Other suppliers include Hawkshead Relish, Woodalls of Waberthwaite (Appointment to HM the Queen) and Windermere Ice Cream.
Solving the problem the eco way
Now you'll remember what we said about the kitchens, so this also means we're not able to do any washing up.
We've overcome this hurdle by using recyclable or biodegradable disposables, but don’t let this put you off as it gives you the freedom to take your drink out to one of the picnic tables, walk around the grounds or even the castle itself.
Open daily from 10.15am to 4.30pm