Visiting Avebury: what you need to know
We are expecting to be busy over the Easter weekend and parking is limited, if the car park is full, please visit another time. Avebury has the largest stone circle in the world which is free and open for everyone to visit. Avebury Manor garden is now also open for visitors - tickets are available through the booking system. Do have a read of the information below which is designed to help you get the best out of your visit to Avebury.
Please note: There is no need to book to visit Avebury stone circles (only if you would like to visit Avebury Manor garden).
- You don't need to book to park, however the car park is small so please arrive early if you have a ticket, and if the car park is full, please visit at another time.
- Paying for the car park can only be done by coins or using 'paybyphone.co.uk' - we would recommend downloading the app before you come as the mobile phone signal can be patchy at Avebury. Alternatively you can pay by card in Circles Restaurant in the Old Farmyard.
- The car park costs £7 per day (£4 after 3pm). The money you pay for parking goes directly towards looking after Avebury and the other Wiltshire Landscape sites.
- The toilets are approximately 10 minutes walk from the car park, see map link below.
- You will find parking for Blue Badge holders in the High Street car park, see map link below.
- Map of Avebury (PDF / 0.9MB) download
If you’re showing any of the symptoms of coronavirus, or if you've been in contact with anyone that had the virus in the last 14 days, please don’t visit.
In line with government guidance, you're required to wear a face covering in all our enclosed spaces, unless exempt. Please bring one with you.
To help keep everyone safe, please follow social distancing and government guidance when you visit. And look out for signs while you’re here which will explain any changes to how you can access different parts of the site.
Please use hand sanitiser at every opportunity.
The stone circles are open from dawn to dusk. We ask that you maintain social distancing rules at all times, being especially careful when using gates leading onto the road. Please do not cross the road until it is clear that the gate on the other side is free of pedestrian traffic.
The Visitor Reception is located in the Barn, where you will find a member of staff to help you with your enquiry.
Avebury Manor garden
We're delighted to be able to open Avebury Manor garden to visitors again. Please book your tickets online via the link below. The garden consists of a number of 'garden rooms', each with a different character. Upon arrival please bring your ticket (and membership card if applicable) to the Visitor Reception in the Barn.
Circles Restaurant is open for light refreshments on a take-away basis.
We offer a selection of delicious hot and cold drinks and a variety of delicious cakes, bakes and savoury snacks.
There are perspex screens across the counters to protect everyone involved. Please note that we only accept card payments.
The toilets are located behind the great barn in the Old Farmyard which is a 2 minute walk from the restaurant and a 10 minute walk from the visitor car park, they are open 10am-4pm, seven days a week. There are also accessible toilets and baby changing facillities. Please use the hand sanitiser provided.
Unfortunately all other National Trust facilities will remain closed for the time being. We are working towards opening these as soon as we are safely able to do so.