Visiting Avebury: what you need to know
We're delighted to be able to welcome you back to Avebury. The car park and toilets are open from 10am until 5pm, Circles Restaurant is open from 11am until 4pm and the National Trust shop is open Wednesday to Sunday, 11am until 4pm.
- You don't need to book to park.
- Paying for the car park can only be done by coins or using 'paybyphone.co.uk' - we would recommend downloading the app before you come as the mobile phone signal can be patchy at Avebury. Alternatively you can pay by card in Circles Restaurant.
- The car park costs £7 per day (£4 after 3pm). The money you pay for parking goes directly towards looking after Avebury and the other Wiltshire Landscape sites.
- There is a height restriction of 2.1m on the car park entrance.
- The toilets are approximately 10 minutes walk from the car park, see map link below.
- You will find parking for Blue Badge holders in the High Street car park, see map link below.
- Map of Avebury (PDF / 0.9MB) download
If you’re showing any of the symptoms of coronavirus, or if you've been in contact with anyone that had the virus in the last 14 days, please don’t visit.
In line with government guidance, you're required to wear a face covering in most enclosed spaces, unless exempt. Please bring one with you.
To help keep everyone safe, please follow social distancing and government guidance when you visit. And look out for signs while you’re here which will explain any changes to how you can access different parts of the site.
Please use hand sanitiser at every opportunity.
The stone circles are open from dawn to dusk. We ask that you maintain social distancing rules at all times, being especially careful when using gates leading onto the road. Please do not cross the road until it is clear that the gate on the other side is free of pedestrian traffic.
Circles Restaurant is open for light refreshments. There is seating available across the Old Farmyard, spaced according to social distancing guidelines and limited seating inside.
In line with government guidance, you're required to wear a face covering in most enclosed spaces, unless exempt, please bring one with you and abide by the track and trace rules. There are perspex screens across the counters to protect everyone involved. Please note that we only accept card payments.
Currently the range of food is limited but we hope to increase the range very soon. You can download the current menu here Circles Restaurant menu (PDF / 0.1MB) download
National Trust shop
We're delighted to have the shop is now open again. In line with government guidelines you'll be required to wear a face covering while inside the shop, unless exempt. Please bring one with you. We’ll also only be accepting card payment. We look forward to welcoming you for a gentle browse around the shop.
The toilets are located behind the great barn in the Old Farmyard which is a 2 minute walk from the restaurant and a 10 minute walk from the visitor car park. You will also find accessible toilets here and baby changing facillities. Please use the hand sanitiser provided and follow the instructions.
Unfortunately Avebury Manor house and garden, Alexander Keiller Museum, Cobblestones bookshop and the Coach House Cafe will remain closed for the time being. We are working towards opening these as soon as we are safely able to do so.