Visiting Avebury: what you need to know
We're delighted to be able to welcome you back to Avebury. The car park and toilets are open from 10am until 5pm and Circles Restaurant is open from 11am until 4pm.
- You don't need to book to park. Please note that the car park capacity has been reduced to accommodate new social distancing rules.
- Paying for the car park can only be done by coins or using 'paybyphone.co.uk' - we would recommend downloading the app before you come as the mobile phone signal can be patchy at Avebury. Alternatively you can pay by card in Circles Restaurant.
- The car park costs £7 per day (£4 after 3pm). The money you pay for parking goes directly towards looking after Avebury and the other Wiltshire Landscape sites.
- There is a height restriction of 2.1m on the car park entrance.
- The toilets are approximately 10 minutes walk from the car park, see map link below.
- You will find parking for Blue Badge holders in the High Street car park, see map link below.
- Map of Avebury (PDF / 0.9MB) download
If you’re showing any of the symptoms of coronavirus, or if you've been in contact with anyone that had the virus in the last 14 days, please don’t visit.
In line with government guidelines you'll be required to wear a face covering in our shops, cafés and food outlets in England from 24 July. Please bring one with you.
To help keep everyone safe, please follow social distancing and government guidance when you visit. And look out for signs while you’re here which will explain any changes to how you can access different parts of the site.
Please use hand sanitiser at every opportunity.
The stone circles are open from dawn to dusk. We ask that you maintain social distancing rules at all times, being especially careful when using gates leading onto the road. Please do not cross the road until it is clear that the gate on the other side is free of pedestrian traffic.
Circles Restaurant is open for light refreshments. This is on a take-away basis only at this stage. There is seating available across the Old Farmyard, spaced according to social distancing guidelines.
We ask that only one person enters the restaurant to order food and that they use the hand sanitiser on the way in. In line with government guidelines you'll be required to wear a face covering while in the restaurant. Please bring one with you. There are perspex screens across the counters to protect everyone involved. Please note that we only accept card payments.
Currently the range of food is limited but we hope to increase the range very soon. You can download the current menu here Circles Restaurant menu July 2020 (PDF / 0.1MB) download
The toilets are located behind the great barn in the Old Farmyard which is a 2 minute walk from the restaurant and a 10 minute walk from the visitor car park. You will also find accessible toilets here and baby changing facillities. Please use the hand sanitiser provided and follow the instructions.
Unfortunately Avebury Manor house and garden, Alexander Keiller Museum, the National Trust shop, Cobblestones bookshop and the Coach House Cafe will remain closed for the time being. We are working towards opening these as soon as we are safely able to do so.