Essential info for your family day out.
This historical gem in beautiful South Northants has something for the whole family to see, enjoy and explore. From parkland trails, leisurely walks and playing croquet, to spotting wildlife, building a den and having a picnic in the paddock. Here's all that 'need to know' stuff, to help plan your day.
- Parking There's no charge for the main car park. If it's full, you are able to park on the road. It's a short walk of 200 yards from the car park to visitor reception, the main house and gardens.
- Mobility parking is in the car park. A driver assisted golf buggy is available.
- Toilets are located just past the rear entrance to the shop and visitor reception, opposite the (Pebble Court) entrance to the house.This includes a wheelchair accessible toilet.
- For the kids :
- Baby-changing facilities are in the outer area of the ladies/accessible toilets and are available to all.
- The Stables tea room has high-chairs and facilities for heating baby food.
- The tea room also has children's pick and mix packed lunches.
- There's a natural play area and picnic tables in the paddock.
- Children's quizzes and trails are available from the Coach House visitor reception and shop.
- Exploring the House As one of the thousands of visitors viewing this historic house each year, we need your help to take care of it. We ask that large bags are left with us (locked away securely) as you enter, that you use our over shoes to cover muddy footwear, or foam slippers for sharp heels and pushchairs are stored in a designated area. Hippy chick side hip carriers are available for loan.
- The Gardens, Parkland and Paddock From family games and trails in the gardens, bug searching in the parkland to a picnic in the paddock, there's lots of outside adventures for everyone. Visitor reception has trail leaflets, 50 things to do booklets and loan binoculars for wildlife spotting.
- The Stables Tea Room and Garden As well as the kids facilities above, there's delicious soup, snacks and sandwiches, as well as scrummy cakes and a selection of hot and cold drinks.
We love to see so many visitors enjoying the atmosphere and history of Canons Ashby
Enjoy your day !