50 things to do before you're 11 ¾ at Castle Ward
Have fun exploring the great outdoors with our list of 50 things to do before you're 11 ¾.
Castle Ward is a perfect place to work on your 50 Things with lots to see from forests to shoreline. Tick them off your list as you finish each one on your outdoor adventure.
We’ve put together some of our favourites below:
1. Climb a tree – Have you seen our sprawling tree in the Pinetum?
40. Go on a nature walk at night - Stay in our campsite, pods or holiday cottages and spend an evening looking out for birds, bats and hopefully, some stars!
49. Find a geocache - Unleash your inner Indiana Jones and get treasure hunting using a gps device or an app on your phone!
37. Check out the crazy creatures in a rock pool – Head to the loughshore just outside the Farmyard but be careful around the water - best to attempt during a low tide.
31. Hunt for bugs – Temple Water is bustling with beautiful dragonflies and other bugs
44. Go bird watching – Travel along the Secret Shore Nature Trail and finish your adventure in the Bird Hide which looks out over Strangford Lough.
The Barn is a great starting point for 50 things to do before you’re 11 ¾, and tracker packs can be picked up there to help you get exploring. The Barn is open weekends during spring and daily in July and August from 12noon-4pm.