Help us make memories for ever, for everyone.
Join the team in South Down at Castle Ward and Murlough NNR
Apply Via https://careers.nationaltrust.org.uk/OA_HTML/a/#/vacancy-detail/45309
South Down has plenty to offer those people who can deliver excellent customer service and go the extra mile for all visitors to this special place.
We are looking for enthusiastic people to join our Tea Room, Gift Shop, Guiding and Visitor Welcome teams at Castle Ward and Murlough and help us to deliver outstanding service and create exceptional memories for all of our visitors.
If you’re looking for a role that will offer you variety and an amazing location to work in, not to mention welcoming people from across the globe to see where Game of Thrones was filmed, then we’ve got the job for you.
What you'll be doing
Are you destined for a career in hospitality, as you have an eye for detail and a passion to create the right first impression, for all of our supporters? If so then the visitor welcome teams at Castle Ward and Murlough are the perfect place for you to come and join.
Maybe you are interested in working in a fast pace environment, baking home-made treats in the tea room or you may decide that you would love to bring the unique tales from over 400 years of history to life with the house team. Whatever your skills are we have the perfect role within our teams for friendly and welcoming people.
In your role you’ll be responsible for ensuring the presentation of our front of house areas are spot on, engaging our visitors, making them feel welcome and keeping all areas clean and tidy. You may also be responsible for working across all areas of the operations team, providing support to the teams as needed. You’ll tell our visitors about the amazing work we do and how their support ensures that we can continue looking after our special places forever.
Who we're looking for
To be part of a successful team in this varied role, you’ll need to have:
- Fantastic customer service skills
- Initiative and ability to work alone
- Ability to work in a variety of teams, with a flexible approach
- High standards of presentation and an eye for detail
- Genuine enthusiasm for working with people
- Good understanding of the National Trust and what we do
Looking after you
- Health cash plan – from as little as £2.81 per month for you and your dependents
- Pension contribution match up to 10%
- EAP and proactive Health and Wellbeing
- Discounted gym membership
Looking after your career
- Grow your career through professional training courses across the Trust
- Develop your skills with an internal secondment
- Pay review linked to values and behaviours, commitment to progression
- Income protection due to illness
Unique to Us
- Work in some of the most beautiful, iconic and unique locations in the UK
- Free entry to NT properties for you, a guest and your children (under 18)
- 20% off in our retail and catering outlets
- Discount up to 35% off a National Trust holiday cottage booking
£7.20 per hour
Fixed Term f/t or p/t (until 31/10/17)