2020 Christmas and New Year at Charlecote
Charlecote Park is in Tier 4. The parkland will remain open for pre-booked tickets only.
Due to flooding in the parkland, the offer will be significantly reduced. Please see below for what to expect when you visit and check the website or social media for updates before you travel.
Tier 4: Information for prebooked ticket holders
Before you visit, please read the following to help us to stay safe and stay open:
- Charlecote Park is now in Tier 4. Please follow Government guidelines on meeting others and staying local.
- Due to recent flooding, we are opening with a very limited offer for prebooked tickets only. We will not be able to permit entry to those without a ticket.
- Front Park will be open and West Park will have limited access. All other areas of the parkland (Places Meadow, Hill Park, Cricket Pitch and the Dene) will be closed.
- The Wood Yard Cafe will be open for take away snacks and drinks. Please bring a face covering with you. The toilets will also remain open.
- The Orangery Shop, House, Secondhand Bookshop and Outbuildings are closed.
- Wellies or walking boots are a must. The flood waters have retreated but the ground is heavily waterlogged and very muddy.
- Please stick to the footpaths. The ground needs time to recover and sticking to footpaths will help with this.
- Please read and follow the signs and barriers. They are there for your safety and to protect the wildlife.
- The dog walking route is very limited. If you're looking for a long walk, we advise booking to visit another day.
- Please check social media or the website before you set off for any last minute changes or updates.
A different kind of Christmas
We're planning something different for Christmas this year, ensuring that everyone stays safe and enjoys the winter season. While we don't have the resources to bring you the Christmas offer of previous years, we hope you'll enjoy your festive visit.
Booking your visits in the New Year
You can book tickets for a date and time to guarantee you can visit safely. Demand is often high so we advise trying to book during quieter times such as weekdays and afternoons.
Prebooking is necessary to help us keep our visitors, staff and volunteers safe using track and trace. If you do not have a ticket, we cannot guarantee entry.
2020 Christmas at Charlecote - Festive Friends
Discover sculptures from local artists Rachel Harwood (who works in willow) and Ros Ingram (who works in ceramics) in the area around the courtyard, cafe and Orangery with our free Festive Friends mini trail.
We're not handing out maps for this, please take a photo of the A3 boards when you arrive, or download your poem guide and map here:
- The trail is free but please book your visit to do the trail.
- The trail will run from 12 December - 4 January from 9am - 4pm every day. Last entry at 3pm.
- This is a family-friendly activity and suitable for all ages. No prizes - just a lovely walk together!
- Well-behaved dogs are welcome along the route on short leads.
- Please follow social distancing guidance as you walk around the route and view the sculptures.
- Please check regional and national restrictions for coronavirus before you travel. Warwickshire is currently in Tier 4.
Festive fun for all
- We are super-grateful to our friends at Charlecote Garden Store and the Charlecote Pheasant Hotel, as well as pupils at Hampton Lucy School who are helping us with donations of trees and decorations for our shop, cafe and Visitor Reception.
- Our volunteer photographer has created some beautiful decorations from what nature has left in the park and gardens.
- Warm up with a selection of delicious, festive take-away treats from the Wood Yard Cafe.
To keep you safe
Changes in Government guidelines may limit our offer at short notice. We thank you for your understanding.
Please note that due to Coronavirus, our resources are severely limited.
To keep everyone safe Christmas will look a little different this year and we thank you in advance for adhering to guidelines during your visit.
Please keep groups of family or friends to current advised limits.
The house will remain closed until Spring 2021.
The parkland will remain open in line with current Government guidelines.
The Winter Walks Loyalty Card offer will not be running this year.