2019 Christmas at Charlecote
Join us this Christmas and help us solve a mystery in real Agatha Christie style.
Advance booking essential to visit the house for Christmas.
Join us to help solve the mystery of The Great Charlecote Jewel Theft around the gardens and outbuildings, and enjoy a different Christmas theme throughout the ground-floor rooms of the house.
There are two mystery trails, one for families and one for grown-ups, with a prize at the end for all super-sleuths. There is an additional £2 charge for each trail.
Pre-book to celebrate Christmas with us
- The grounds and outbuildings are open every day from 9am to 4pm.
- The public (ground floor only) rooms of the house will be open and decorated for Christmas (11am-3.30pm) from 30 November to 5 January (closed Christmas Day).
- Entry to the house every day will be by free timed ticket ONLY, and MUST be booked at least 24 hours in advance. Ticket booking opens on 1 October.
- Normal admission prices apply if you're not a National Trust member yet. Under 5s are free.
Father Christmas at Charlecote
Book ahead for Breakfast with Father Christmas over the Christmas weekends.
Enjoy a breakfast bap with hot and cold drinks while Father Christmas chats to everyone, and hands out gifts for the children. There are opportunities for every family to have photographs with Father Christmas and keep those special memories.
Please book 1 place for every person attending, adults and children. Booking is now open.
- £12.50 for kids, £10.50 for adults
- Breakfast bap and drink included – plus a gift with the children’s tickets
- 9:00 – 10:30am in the Orangery and attached marquee
- Normal admission prices apply if you're not National Trust members yet.
Please note that there will be no family appointments in the Summerhouse this year. We don't want to put any more pressure on this fragile structure which has a number of conservation issues.
Soak up the festive atmosphere by joining one of our Christmas evening house tours, followed by a buffet tea. They are available on 6, 13 and 20 December from 5.30pm to 8.00pm and you can book your places now.
Jingle all the way...
What could be jollier than celebrating the season with us - if your choir would like to come and sing carols for our visitors at Charlecote on any of the December weekends, do get in touch and find out which dates are still available. All ages welcome.
What’s on your list?
The Servants’ Hall shop has the best of all the National Trust Christmas ranges in stock with gifts and treats for everyone, and tastings on selected days too.
We have Christmas decorations and gifts, as well as local pot-grown Christmas trees and festive wreaths for sale through December in our Plant Centre shop next to the car park.
Bring us some figgy pudding
On selected days our volunteers in the Victorian kitchen will be cooking up lots of festive goodies. Pop in to warm up by the fire if it's chilly outside.
The Wood Yard café will be preparing hundreds of mince pies and plenty of hot soup – just what you need after a walk round the parkland this winter.
Why not get together with friends, family or colleagues for a traditional Christmas meal in the Orangery restaurant? Book ahead for groups of 8 or more, our Christmas menu will be available Monday-Friday (12 noon-2.30pm) every week in December until Christmas.
Boxing Day and beyond…
We're closed only on 25 December, so don’t forget that all the grounds are open on Boxing Day and into the new year – try out those new hats and scarves and walk off Christmas dinner around the parkland with friends and family.
- The house remains open (ground floor only) until 5 January. The house is then closed until mid-February for the winter deep clean.
- Pick up our Winter Walks loyalty card from the beginning of January - turn your good intentions for more exercise into a welcome free coffee!
- Mindful Mondays begin from 6 January with a mindful walk or activity for our visitors every Monday.