Group visits to Cragside
Plan your group visit to Cragside, the home of hydroelectricity. Discover the story of hydroelectricity at Cragside and explore the former home of Lord Armstrong - Victorian innovator and landscape genius.
What can we offer?
- A dedicated group organiser to help you plan your visit.
- 15% reduction on normal admission prices for groups of 15 or more.
- The shuttle bus: free minibus service between key features (runs March - October).
- The House: explore the first house in the world to be lit by hydroelectricity.
- The Rock Garden surrounding the house is one of the largest ‘manmade’ rock gardens in Europe.
- The Iron Bridge: take a walk across this iconic structure and see the magnificent views of the House, Debdon Valley and Cragside's soaring conifers.
- The Lady's Walk: take a stroll around Tumbleton Lake near the Visitor Centre.
- The Formal Garden: take a seat on the terrace and enjoy the views.
- Relax in the tea-rooms with a tasty treat.
- Browse for a memento in our gift shop.
The Formal Garden
The Shuttle bus
To make the most of your visit, we suggest that you schedule your arrival time after 10.30am to avoid queuing.
Coach parties welcome - there is parking for five coaches 350 yards from the House, 150 yards from the Visitor Centre.