Shopping at Croome
Our shop has now reopened. For the safety of staff and visitors we've introduced social distancing measures and changes to payment, card payment preferred . It is through your purchases that we are able to continue looking after Croome for everyone, for ever.
- The safety of staff, volunteers and visitors is our priority, therefore we will be introducing social distancing measures including:
- Where necessary, we will limit the flow of people coming into our shop to ensure they don’t get too busy.
- Hand sanitiser will be available for customers and colleagues to use, as well as extra cleaning products to wipe baskets.
- Protective screens at till points.
- We have created a separate entrance and exit with a one-way system, so that it’s easier to keep a safe distance from other customers.
- Our staff and signs will reinforce these safety measures.
The Gardener's Bothy
Take home a memory of your day at Croome with something for your garden, our Gardener's Bothy plant centre sells an impressive range of seasonal plants and shrubs.
Use of peat irreversibly damages one of the UK's most vulnerable habitats - peat bogs. We are proud to say that all the plants we grow and sell are propagated and grown in peat-free compost.
The National Trust is a peat free gardening organisation. The approach covers soil conditioning, propagation and the growing of plants and plants bought in from nurseries for planting in gardens and those for sale via our plant sales.
Peat is industrially extracted from peat bogs (mostly lowland, for horticulture, but also upland), causing irreversible damage to one of the UK’s most vulnerable nature conservation habitats and historic environments. Healthy peat bogs are crucial as carbon ‘sinks’ and ‘stores’ – locking away atmospheric carbon into peat that can survive for thousands of years. Damaged peatlands emit hugely more carbon than they sink, making our precious peat resources a priority in the management of climate change.
The National Trust has therefore phased out the use of peat at its properties, and encourages amateur gardeners to use alternatives to peat.
" Every purchase you make helps look after Croome."
We trust, together, we can continue to grow our ability to provide access to nature, beauty and history for everyone.
We look forward to welcoming you to Croome.