National Meadows Day at Gunby
Join us on 1 July on National Meadows Day for a celebration of Gunby’s meadows. Enjoy free one hour trailer rides through the Gunby parkland to find out more about the importance of meadows and how we look after them.
The route will begin from St Peters Church, then going to Back Lane meadow, to field margins and Hunger Hill meadow.
Timings for the day are as follows:
• 11:30 Meadow Trailer Tour
• 12:30 Walk to Ice House Pond with optional guided bug hunt
• 13:00 Meadow Trailer Tour
• 14:00 Meadow Trailer Tour
• 15:00 Meadow Trailer Tour
Throughout the day the house, gardens and tea-room will be open. Don’t miss a slideshow of Gunby meadows in the stables.
• Meet on the Gunby courtyard for all activities
• Free packet of wildflower seeds for all participants on the trailer tours
• Tickets for trailer tours available from the welcome shed (first come; first serve)
• Not suitable for children under 5
• Sensible footwear recommended as there is some walking involved
• Not suitable for dogs
• Normal admission charges apply, activities and tours free of charge