Accessible routes at Heddon Valley
The Heddon Valley and carriageway towards Woody Bay are stunning places to explore so we want to make sure that they are as accessible to as many visitors as possible.
We teamed up with Countryside Mobility South West and introduced two accessible routes starting from the Heddon Valley, suitable for all-terrain mobility scooters and pushchairs.
We have two all-terrain mobility scooters, or ‘Trampers’, available to hire in the Heddon Valley.
There are two routes to choose from in the Heddon Valley:
- 2 mile circular route to Heddon's Mouth
- 5 mile linear route to Woody Bay
Both routes take in the beautiful woodland, wildlife and clifftop views along the West Exmoor coastline.
Please note: the tramper is available all year round but it is essential to book by emailing email@example.com or by calling on 01598 763402 (this phone isn't manned everyday so please leave a message and we'll get back to you as soon as we can).
Would you like to use the Tramper or know someone who would?
- If you are not already a member we can sign you up at the Heddon Valley Shop as a Countryside Mobility (2 weeks) taster or annual member (12 months). A small Countryside Mobility membership fee applies and at Heddon Valley we currently charge a daily hire fee of £5.
- On your first visit you need to allow 30 mins to complete a short form and for a Tramper driving lesson.
- You must be aged over 14. If you are under 18 you will need a parent or guardian's permission.
- You must be accompanied by a walking companion throughout your journey.
- We highly recommend you to read this prior to your arrival: http://www.countrysidemobility.org/conditions
- We recommend that you book your Tramper in advance; they are very popular and an instructor is required to be present on the day of hire.
- If you're already a Countryside Mobility member, please bring along your membership card on the day of hire.
- To book please call 01598 763402.
Details about Countryside Mobility and a list of the other Tramper locations can be found on the website http://www.countrysidemobility.org or by calling 01392 459222. You can also find out more by following them on Twitter @CMSouthWest or Facebook CountrysideMobility.
We have also proudly partnered with Woolacombe & Mortehoe Tourist Information Centre to provide a Tramper at Woolacombe, where visitors can enjoy a route through the sand dunes or use it to gain limited access to the beach. Visit the Woolacombe website for more information, or call the Woolacombe Tourist Information Centre on 01271 870553.
You might be interested to know that the National Trust leases the two Trampers at Heddon Valley with money funded through donations and the sale of raffle tickets. Please do support our work whilst you are in the Heddon Valley or any other National Trust place to allow our great work to continue.
" Many people have found that Trampers have given them back their freedom, enabling them to enjoy time outdoors alone, with their partner or on a family outing. Those who discover Trampers love them and are always for looking for new places to explore."