Visiting with a family
With quizzes, trails, a natural play area and organised events during the Kent school holidays, there is plenty to keep the family occupied on a visit to Ightham Mote.
- Toilets - located beside the cafe, and also beside the shop (near the house), unisex changing facilities in both locations, steps to helps children reach the sinks
- House - baby feeding room, childrens quizzes, baby hip-seats, buggy park
- Cafe - high chairs, lunchboxes
- Shop - pocket money toys
- Garden - explorer map, natural play area, picnic area
- Events - different garden trails, also look out for the themed Thursday activities during Kent school holidays.
Explore the garden
With formal planting in some areas and open spaces in others, the bikes, scooters, frisbee and balls, but you don't need them. Instead, use our children's garden map and hunt for the cheeky cherub, trip trap bridge and curly wurly tree.
Unwind in the natural play area
We suggest you bring a change of shoes, clothes and even a towel, as our natural play area is there to get messy. Whether you want to practice your balancing skills, race through the living willow tunnel, create mud pies or make sweet music, come rain or shine just let your imaginations run wild. Find out more about the natural play area.
Wander the estate
Why not extend your visit with a woodland wander or a hill climb. With three way marked walks, from 1-5 miles, the estate is brimming with wildlife. Rather than just wandering around, why not set some challenges for all to complete such as:
- Who can walk the quietest
- Who can find all the colours of the rainbow
- Who can spot the most different types of leaf
Uncover the house from March - October, and December
Don't be afraid to take the family around the house. Collect a quiz from the Conservatory before you go in, and you can all get involved. Whether you want a simple I-spy to keep the little ones busy, or our look and find quiz with a mixture of I-Spy and fact finding, we've got your visit covered.