Family fun at Ightham Mote
With quizzes, trails, a natural play area and organised events during the Kent school holidays, there is plenty to keep the family occupied on a visit to Ightham Mote.
Uncover the house
Don't be afraid to take the family around the house. Collect a quiz from the Conservatory before you go in, and you can all get involved. Whether you want a simple I-spy to keep the little ones busy, or our look and fin quiz with a mixture of I-Spy and fact finding, we've got your visit covered.
Explore the garden
With formal planting in some areas and open spaces in others, the garden is like a series of rooms. Ok, it's not big enough for bikes, scooters, frisbee and balls, but you don't need them. Instead, use our childrens garden map and hunt for the cheeky cherub, trip trap bridge and curly wurly tree.
Unwind in the natural play area
We suggest you bring a change of shoes, clothes and even a towel, as our natural play area is there to get messy. Whether you want to practice your balancing skills, race through the living willow tunnel, create mud pies or make sweet music, come rain or shine just let your imaginations run wild.
Wander the estate
Why not extend your visit with a woodland wander or a hill climb. With three way marked walks, from 1-5 miles, the estate is brimming with wildlife. Rather than just wandering around, why not set some challenges for all to complete such as:
- Who can walk the quietest
- Who can find all the colours of the rainbow
- Who can spot the most different types of leaf
Our Ightham Mote 50 things summer activity pack (PDF / 1.6MB) download has some ideas to help you on your journey.
- Toilets - located beside the cafe, and also beside the shop (near the house), unisex changing facilities in both locations, steps to helps children reach the sinks
- House - baby feeding room, childrens quizzes, baby hip-seats, buggy park
- Cafe - high chairs, lunchboxes
- Shop - pocket money toys
- Garden - explorer map, natural play area
- Events - themed Thursday's during Kent school holidays, different garden trails, Cadbury Easter egg hunt