Visiting Ightham Mote with the family
With quizzes, trails, a natural play area and organised events during the Kent school holidays, there is plenty to keep the family occupied on a visit to Ightham Mote.
- Toilets - located beside the cafe, and also beside the shop (near the house), unisex changing facilities in both locations, steps to helps children reach the sinks
- House - baby feeding room, childrens quizzes, baby hip-seats, buggy park
- Cafe - high chairs, lunchboxes
- Shop - pocket money toys
- Garden - explorer map, natural play area, picnic area
- Events - different garden trails, also look out for the themed Thursday activities during Kent school holidays.
Explore the garden
Use our children's garden map to explore our historic garden, with its ponds, stream and lake fed by natural springs. Our garden isn't suitable for bikes, scooters, frisbees and balls, so please leave them at home, but you don't need them as we have a natural play area at the end of the garden.
Unwind in the natural play area
We suggest you bring a change of shoes, clothes and even a towel, as our natural play area is there to get messy. Whether you want to practice your balancing skills, race through the living willow tunnel, create mud pies or make sweet music, come rain or shine just let your imaginations run wild. Find out more about the natural play area.
Wander the estate
Why not extend your visit with a woodland wander or a hill climb on our estate, which is brimming with wildlife. Our children's estate map shows the three way marked walks, from 1-5 miles. Rather than just wandering around, why not set some challenges for all to complete such as:
- Who can walk the quietest
- Who can find all the colours of the rainbow
- Who can spot the most different types of leaf
Uncover the house from March - October, and December
Don't be afraid to take the family around the house. Collect a quiz from the Conservatory before you go in, and you can all get involved. Whether you want a simple I-spy to keep the little ones busy, or our look and find quiz with a mixture of I-Spy and fact finding, we've got your visit covered.
Kids look forward to the school holidays, but finding things to keep them entertained can be difficult so we have a range of activities to help across the Kent school holidays. Discover more here.