Dog Walking at Sutton Hoo
Enjoy a day out with your pooch all year round at Sutton Hoo! With 245 acres to explore, head out on an adventure across the Sutton Hoo landscape, sniffing out all the best places for a frolic before coming back for a treat in our dog-friendly café.
- All our walks are dog friendly but please keep your dogs on a short leash at all times.
- Water bowls for thirsty pups are located near all buildings.
- Unfortunately dogs (except for Assistance dogs) are not allowed in the High Hall exhibition or Tranmer House.
- Please be aware that at certain times of year, we may have sheep and young lambs roaming within the fields and ask that dogs take extra care around them.
- Please help us keep Sutton Hoo looking lovely by clearing up after your dog – there are dog bins available located at the overflow carpark and at the start of the route to the Royal Burial Grounds.
- If you have forgotten your dog lead please ask to borrow one from Reception or leads are also available for sale in the shop.
Dogs are more than welcome in our Kings River Café at select tables – look out for the paw print sign! There are also plenty of tables outside on the veranda and at Keepers’ Café too.
Pick up a free tasty dog treat from our café team whilst you’re there.
Assistance dogs are welcome throughout Sutton Hoo, including the Exhibition Hall and Tranmer House as well.