Dog Walking at Sutton Hoo
Enjoy a day out with your pooch all year round at Sutton Hoo! With 245 acres to explore, head out on an adventure across the Sutton Hoo landscape, sniffing out all the best places for a frolic before coming back for a treat in our dog-friendly café.
- All our walks are dog friendly but please keep your dogs on a short leash at all times.
- Water bowls are available for thirsty pups and located out in front of Reception.
- Unfortunately dogs (except for Assistance dogs) are not allowed in the Exhibtion Hall or Tranmer House.
- Please be aware that at certain times of year, we may have young lambs roaming on the burial mounds and will ask that dogs take extra care around them. Keep an eye out for our signs telling you where and when this is in place.
- Please help us keep Sutton Hoo looking lovely by clearing up after your dog – there are dog bins available located at the overflow carpark and the start of the walk to the mounds, across from Tranmer House.
Dogs are more than welcome in our Kings River Café! We have select areas inside – all tables marked with a paw! – for your four-legged friends to join you in the warm, as well as plenty of tables outside on the veranda too.
Pick up a free tasty dog treat from our café and reception teams whilst you’re there.
Assistance dogs are welcome throughout Sutton Hoo, including the Exhibition Hall and Tranmer House as well.