Eight things to do with the kids at Acorn Bank this summer
Summer's arrived and it's time to go exploring at Acorn Bank. Let the kids loose in nature as they discover the woodland and gardens. Here's our pick of the top eight things that will make your family trip to Acorn Bank a real adventure...
1. Climb inside the Dalston Oak, rumoured to be the oldest tree in the estate. See how many of you can squeeze in!
2. Spot the newts in the sunken garden's ornamental pond.
3. Go on a nature treasure hunt across the estate.
4. Look for fairies living in little houses in the woods.
5. Write a poem about your Acorn Bank adventures whilst sitting on the ha-ha wall.
6. Build a natural mini raft and race it down the beck.
7. Create a leaf collage in the woods.
8. Make a den out of natural building materials. Check out our top den buiding tips to make your den extra special!
For more ideas on getting closer to nature this summer, check out our list of 50 things to do before your 11 ¾.