Garden printmaking workshop
The quiet yet beautiful setting of Bateman's in the Sussex countryside inspired Kipling to write many of his famous stories. Join a local artist and let the gardens inspire you to create your own special work at our garden printmaking workshop.
Sign in / register
Our garden team work hard across the gardens at Bateman's, creating beautiful flower filled borders, carefully manicured lawns, rose beds and two rows of pleached limes whose architectural beauty is something to be admired all year round.
Look closely at the flower beds, the vegetable and wild gardens and you'll find delicate flowers, frondy ferns, glossy leaves, and intricately patterned bark sitting side by side and creating a wonderful backdrop to the hedges and paths.
Create your own picture of the garden
Join local artist, Aimi Rifat, on a walk around the garden to take a closer look at the plants, their structure and the garden layout to gather inspiration for your printmaking.
Under Aimi's guidance you'll learn a range of mono printing techniques. At the end of the day you'll be able to select your best prints to present in a handmade concertina sketchbook.
- Garden printmaking workshop takes place on Wednesday 22 May between 11am and 4pm.
- £50 per person
- To book call 0344 249 1895 or book online
- Includes a light lunch and a tea, coffee or cold drink
- Other drinks and refreshments are available to purchase from our tea room
- Suitable for age 16+
- All materials provided. If you have a sketchbook and would like to bring this for the initial sketches, please do.
- Please wear old clothes or bring an apron or old shirt to cover your clothes.