Central Bark Dog Friendly Cafe - Update
After reviewing the Central Bark dog friendly cafe trial, we are pleased to announce that this trial will continue, with another review on the longer term future of the facility to take place in the summer. We have also been listening to your feedback, and will be making changes and improvements to Central Bark accordingly.
As part of Clumber Park Revitalised, in June 2018 we opened a dog-friendly café at Clumber Park called 'Central Bark' as a trial. Dog owners make up a large proportion of our visitor’s and before the opening of Central Bark, there wasn't a lot of space for them to sit and enjoy a sweet treat out of the elements. However, that all changed with the opening of our new facility.
Offering refreshments, sweet treats and light bites and an environment for visitor’s dogs to relax along the way, we have been absolutely overwhelmed with the positive feedback we have received since the facility launched in June.
Visitor numbers to Central Bark have been far higher than anticipated, with a continually warm and friendly atmosphere being maintained by a steady stream of visitors – with some returning on an almost daily basis. Feedback given to our Central Bark staff has been almost unanimously positive.
The social media response has been fantastic too, with some great reviews being left across our various platforms.
In addition we have run a couple of dog shows, which have been well received.
As a result, we have decided to extend the trial, and it will now continue through until the summer, when we will review the long term future of Central Bark.
We have also been listening to your feedback, and will be making changes and improvements accordingly. We’ve been listening to our visitors’ suggestions so far as to how to improve Central Bark, and as a result of this we are going to do the following:
- We are going to improve signage to ensure our visitors can find the facility
- Central Bark is now included in the welcome guide, and the dog walking leaflet
- We are aware that during the hotter days, it can be a little warm inside. We are looking at options to address this in the future
- Our website and social media will continue to promote Central Bark, in order to raise awareness of the facility
- Outdoor shelter is being improved, including umbrellas, to keep visitors out of the elements when in the garden
- We are looking to expand our range of hot food, including soup and one pot, and will be introducing this later in the year – along with other hot snacks such as sausage rolls. We will also be expanding our sandwich range.
We'd like to thank everyone who has already given their feedback - this will help us to improve the facilities on offer. We would love for our visitors and the general public to continue to keep us posted about how they think we’re doing so we can continually review the offer available.
Visitors are able to give us feedback in Central Bark through comments cards, or by speaking to a member of staff.
Alternatively, visitors can get in touch with any feedback online by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, and you can find out more about Clumber Park Revitalised here: https://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/clumber-park/features/clumber-park-revitalised.