Corfe Castle for schools and colleges
Founded during the reign of William the Conqueror, Corfe Castle was a royal fortress for 500 years. Today that history comes alive for students with the help of expert guides.
Key Stage 1
- Discover what life was like in a castle
- Homes now and then
Key Stages 2 & 3
- Past events, people and changes
- Corfe Castle: A thousand years of history
- Links to medieval realms
Higher education and adult learning
- Architectural stonework conservation (HND, undergraduate, masters)
- - Guided walks looking at the historic landscape of Purbeck, the stone industry and farming (adult learning)
Please pre-book for all education activities.
Charges for guided tours/walks are £3 plus VAT per student, adults free
Download a booking form:
The castle is built on a steep mound and there are uneven surfaces underfoot, which may become slippery when wet.
Climbing the walls is dangerous and is not allowed.
Car and coach parking is at Castle View, just outside the village on the Corfe Castle to Wareham road.
Please allow 15 minutes to walk to the castle entrance via the wildlife walk.
Toilets are at the main entrance.
Please be aware that the castle is an open-air site with little in the way of shelter, so dress accordingly.
The upper sections, in particular, are exposed to cold winds.