The Rotunda sits in the Home Shrubbery, from where there are wonderful views over the parkland and river towards the Malvern Hills.
Lancelot 'Capability' Brown designed the Rotunda, which was built between 1754 and 1757 as a comfortable relaxing 'garden room'.
The interior plasterwork was created by Francesco Vassali, who did a lot of the work inside the house.
The building was on the verge of collapse when Croome acquired it. With generous donations from The Wolfson Foundation and a private legacy, as well as grants from Natural England we have been able to repair the dome, external stone work, windows and doors, and stabilise the internal plasterwork.