Easter at Dinefwr
Spend your Easter with us, spot the spring flowers and frogspawn, meet our cattle, hunt for clues on our Cadburys Easter egg hunt and make some spring crafts.
Have you seen the portrait of Henrietta and the hare at Newton House? The hare has decided to enjoy the delights of spring at Dinefwr and we need your help to find him.
Grab your explorer boots and trace his hops by seeing how he may be celebrating nature’s awakening in the 800 acre estate, followed by some active storytelling in the house. The trail is £3 and encourages you to explore the estate and get closer to nature. The price also includes storytelling tickets for you to get active with Henrietta and the Hare.
Cadbury Easter egg hunt
15 April, 11am (ish)
Tractor Trailor Tours
Good Friday and Bank Holiday Monday
All aboard the tractor trailer!. These tours allow you to get close to our rare breed White Park Cattle and learn more about these amazing animals. Tickets cost £2 per adult and £1 per child. Tickets are available from the Visitor Centre on the day.
Fill your bellies
The usful bits
- Before you visit - Make sure that you check our opening times, event details, directions, prices, parking and catering facilities before you visit.
- Follow us - Keep an eye on our social media accounts for information about local weather, parking capacity and more.
- Parking – We are expecting to be busy over the Easter holidays so we will be using the overflow car park, weather permitting. Over the Easter Weekend there will be staff on hand to help you find a space.
- Rain or shine - Some of our footpaths might be muddy so make sure that you’ve got wellies and raincoats.
- Avoid busy times – We are running our Spring Nature Trail throughout the Easter holidays, so why not visit during the week when we are likely to be less busy. Try visiting later in the day for more parking spaces and to avoid queues.
- Take shelter – If the Welsh weather prevails, Newton House is open every day until 5pm and there will be daily house tours.