Beach cleans in Pembrokeshire
Help do your bit for the coast by taking part in our Big Beach Clean Challenge in Pembrokeshire.
Marine pollution is a growing problem across the UK; quantities of litter on Britain’s beaches have more than doubled in the last 15 years.
So this year in Pembrokeshire, we’re setting ourselves a Big Beach Clean Challenge and we want you to be a part of it! Between January and August, we’ll be hosting a monthly beach clean at our coastal sites to help keep these special places clean for everyone to enjoy, including our resident wildlife.
From Freshwater West to Marloes Sands, we’ll be working hard to care for the coastline and invite you to join us. Litter picking kit will be provided by the team for each beach clean, with every piece of rubbish collected and removed from our shores making a difference.
Once you’ve dipped your toes into the water with our monthly events, you might be interested in becoming a community COASTodian. Whether you have a favourite stretch of coast in Pembrokeshire or beyond, the Wales-wide initiative provides opportunities to get involved with your local beauty spot.
Big Beach Clean Challenge 2019 events
- Freshwater West - Sunday 6 January, 11am
- Solva (Gwadn beach) - Thursday 14 February, 10am
- Freshwater West - Monday 25 February, 11am
- Porthlysgi - Friday 1 March, 11am
- Freshwater West - Wednesday 13 March, 11am
- Freshwater West - Monday 15 April, 11am
- Marloes Sands - Wednesday 24 April, 2pm
- Marloes Sands - Wednesday 29 May, 11am
- Caerbwdi - Saturday 8 June, 2pm
- Marloes Sands - Wednesday 24 July, 2pm
- Ceibwr Bay - Wednesday 21 August, 2pm
- Freshwater West - Saturday 16 November, 11am