A perfect parkland
Dunham Massey has all the elements of a great medieval deer park. On a walk through the grounds you'll see fine avenues, wide vistas, ancient trees, roaming deer and open grassland. (Please note there are currently no guided walks in the park due the coronavirus)
Help us to look after the deer
- Please do not feed or approach the deer. They are wild animals and it's important they remain wild. If not, it can cause all sorts of problems for visitors and for the health of the deer.
- Please do not picnic in the deer park. Picnic areas are available in the gardens and the north park away from the inquisitive deer who may steal your food.
- Please take your litter home with you. This will stop the deer eating human food and plastic and getting ill.
- Please keep your four-legged friends on a lead in the deer park to avoid spooking the deer. Dogs are free to roam off leads in the north park.
- Cycling is for under 5s only in the park walls. Cyclists are welcome to lock their bikes in the car park, but we do ask you to pre-book.
- BBQs are not permitted anywhere at Dunham Massey.