From illustrated talks to visits and holidays, the Menai Association gives our members and volunteers at Plas Newydd something extra to enjoy.
The Menai Association was founded in 1976. Our aim is to help maintain the charitable work of the National Trust and to make your membership more enjoyable and effective. Through this, we support the National Trust on Anglesey and surrounding areas, especially Plas Newydd where many of our members are volunteers.
We meet at Plas Newydd during the autumn, winter and early spring months. There you can hear talks on heritage and local interest. The December meeting is set aside as a festive evening with good company, food and entertainment.
You can join us on visits to places of interest, at local lunches and fundraising activities. The Summer Fair at Plas Newydd is our biggest fundraiser. It attracts the young and the young at heart with stalls, games, vintage cars and entertainment for all. Each year there's a five to six day holiday to a UK destination, usually in May.
Any money we make at these events goes back to Plas Newydd, through annually agreed projects submitted by the management team of Plas Newydd and approved by our AGM, which has included a variety of things including:
- Restoration projects - such as the curtains in Lady Anglesey’s bedroom
- Acquisitions - Rex Whistler memorabilia
- New works - a courtyard garden
- Amenity improvements - gates on the coastal path, garden furniture, children’s room and new benches in the gardens at Plas Newydd.
- Visitor experience – New tablets to enable a 360-degree tour of the first floor of Plas Newydd for those unable to climb the stairs.
Get in touch
Mrs Anne Wilkes
Contact telephone: 01248 853960
Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org