Learning at Morden Hall Park
We offer a range of learning activities for organised groups. The park and its story are brought to life outside in the grounds and using the facilities inside our atmospheric Snuff Mill building.
Please note: All led and self-led educational and youth group visits to Morden Hall Park must be booked in advance with the Children and Young People Team. This includes visits by schools, nurseries, holiday clubs, after school clubs, universities, Cubs, Beavers, Scouts, Rainbows, Brownies, Guides and any other formal groups of young people (or adult education groups such as universities).
Please contact the Children and Young People (CYP) Team for more details: firstname.lastname@example.org
Self-led river dipping and pond dipping in the wetlands (ie from the wetland boardwalk) is not currently permitted by groups. Dipping must be led by a National Trust team member for safety and conservation reasons.
Led educational visits
Our National Trust delivered sessions complement the National Curriculum, linking with science and geography, with visits for early years through to Key Stage 2. Our self-led 'You Can Do It' sessions offer suggested lesson plans and equipment loan. You can also choose to self-lead your own planned activities in the park, but all visits must be booked in advance with the Children and Young People Team.
Uniformed organisations and other formal groups of young people can also enjoy fun and educational visits to Morden Hall Park. All youth group visits must be booked in advance.
Education Group Membership
Education Group Membership allows discounted entry to all National Trust places for the whole school for one year. Prices depend on the number of children on the school roll.
Our Park Explorers sessions are for children aged 2 to 5 years to attend with their parents or carers on Monday mornings during term time. With the help of our leaders, children and adults learn together about the natural world around them with outdoor activities based in the grounds of Morden Hall Park.
It’s a popular weekly activity, and we can only take up to 20 little ones, so please be aware that places are currently drop in on the day, first come, first served with no pre-booking possible.
- Reopening on Monday 20th September 2021
- 10am – 11am on Mondays in term time
- Meet us at the sign-in point on the grass near the Snuff Mill in Morden Hall Park
- Session includes 45 minutes of led activities and 15 minutes of free time at the end (to wash hands, eat your own snack etc. before you go)
- £5 per child (pay by card or cash on arrival)
- Siblings under 2 are also welcome, but must have their own ticket if participating
- Sessions are based outdoors, so please come prepared for the weather
- Places are limited, so we advise having an alternative plan for your morning in the park in case tickets are sold out
- If you need further information please contact email@example.com or phone 0208 545 6853