Autumn fun this half-term
The garden and woods are perfect for some autumn inspired fun. With colourful trees and lots of autumn leaves there is something to keep everyone entertained this half-term.
Family trail: Hooray for decay
Follow the trail of colourful wooden leaves through the garden and discover what really happens after a tree dies. It is just the beginning of a hidden and interesting cycle full of bugs, decay and fungi.
Pick up the trail from our welcome hub from 10.00am to 3.30pm. £1 per trail, normal admission applies.
The garden and woods has a large variety of different tree species and this produces a kaleidoscope of colourful leaves in autumn. Take some time to look at the different shapes, sizes and colours as you explore. The fallen leaves can be collected to make autumn pictures and patterns.
Autumn is a great time to check off several of your 50 things to do before you're 11 ¾. Our top choices for the season are:
6. Run around in the rain - splash in some puddles or see how many rains drops you can collect.
18. Create some wild art - the colourful fallen leaves and twigs are great for making pictures.
31. Hunt for bugs - check out what's under the damp leaves or wriggling on the soil.
33. Catch a falling leaf - its not as easy as it sounds.
34. Track wild animals - venture into the woods and look for animal prints in the muddy paths.
For more ideas collect your scrapbook and stickers from our welcome hub.