Walking your dog at Nymans
Bring your dog with you to enjoy some fresh air on a seasonal walk around the garden. Whatever the weather you can enjoy our winding paths and wide avenues with colourful views across the woodland or towards the South Downs.
What time can I visit?
Dogs are welcome from Monday 2nd November 2020 until Sunday 31st January 2021 and between the hours of 1.30pm and 4pm. Dogs are not permitted in the garden at other times. Please keep your dog under close control; this means:
- Being able to recall your dogs in any situation at the first call.
- Being able to clearly see your dog at all times (not just knowing they have gone into the undergrowth or over the crest of the hill). In practice this means keeping them on a footpath if the surrounding vegetation is too dense for your dog to be visible.
- Not allowing them to approach other visitors without their consent.
- Having a lead with you to use if you encounter livestock, wildlife or you are asked to use one.
There's no access into the Wall Garden for dogs as some of the paths may be roped off during winter and space can become limited.
In the woodland nature reserve
Dogs are welcome under close control in the woodland nature reserve all year round. We recommend you’re dressed for the weather as some of our paths are steep and can get very muddy. During bird nesting season, from 1 March until 31 August, dogs will need to be kept under close control to protect ground nesting species of birds.
What you can expect from your visit
- Water bowls for your dog can be found by the outdoor seating for the Welcome Café.
- Assistance dogs are welcome everywhere all year round.
- Dog products, including poo bags, are available to buy in the shop.
- Dog poo bins can be found in the main car park and at the entrance to the woodland.
- We welcome up to two dogs per adult
- Dogs must keep to hard paths and be on a short lead at all times while in the garden.
Assistance dogs are welcome during opening hours throughout the year in the garden, house, tea garden and shop, and in our woods at any time.
- Take the lead: help reduce the chance of your pup disturbing wildlife by keeping them on a lead.
- Scoop that poop: bag it and bin it to keep your favourite places beautiful.
- Paws for thought: look out for information signs.
- Be on the ball: not everyone loves dogs, so keep them close by.
Don't forget to book ahead for your visit. Enjoy your time with us and please support us by having a cup of tea or visiting the shop. This will help us look after Nymans today and for future generations.