Plan your family day out
Whether you’re after a wild play area to let little legs run off some steam, a peaceful garden for a pram-friendly walk, or a children’s trail through a house filled with treasures, there’s something for all ages here at Sizergh.
- Toilets and baby-changing facilities can be found in Ashbank Visitor Centre in the main car park, and in the Old Forge next to the house.
- The cafe offers a range of children's lunchboxes containing sandwiches, fruit, a treat and juice or water. Hot lunches are also available and tray bakes, cakes and scones are baked fresh each day. Indoor and outdoor seating is available and it is dog friendly throughout.
- If you’d rather bring your own picnic, tables and benches can be found outside Ashbank Visitor Centre, in a quiet spot off the orchard, and down by Gardeners’ Cottage. There are also plenty of benches around the gardens and hidden follies. Please remember to take any rubbish home with you or use the bins provided.
- Prams and backpacks can be left on the ground floor of the house.
- Pocket money priced gifts and souvenirs are available from the shop.
- Dogs are allowed in the wild play trail and on the estate, but aren’t allowed in house or garden (except for assistance dogs).