May half-term holiday fun at Standen
Standen is blossoming this May. The Garden and Estate show signs of spring everywhere and there's lots of activities to do and places to explore to help you make the most of the half-term holiday. Saturday 23 to Sunday 31 May 2020.
This May join in our children's trail for May Half Term, and have fun exploring the historic garden at Standen. Use your trail sheet to follow the map around the garden, discover clues and solve the puzzles.
£2 per child with prize. Saturday 23 to Sunday 31 May 2020, 10am-4pm. Suitable for ages 4+
Natural play area
A brand new play area is opening at Standen for Easter 2020. There are slides, swings, stepping stones and tunnnels to explore. You'll find the play area by the car park, normal admission applies.
Discover 'Bothy' by artist Will Shannon. Perched atop sandstone rocks this small brick and wood built structure is the perfect spot to take a rest during your explorations.
The Barn Café will be open from 10am each morning and serving hot food and sweet treats. If the weather is nice, why not grab your lunch or even bring your own picnic and head to our picnic area. It is found along the woodland walk from the car park, which has wonderful views over the fields and of the property.
And if that's not enough we've got plenty of space for running around, picnics and more......
Garden, cafe and shop open daily from 10am-5pm. House open 11am-4.30pm (last entry 4pm).
You are very welcome to bring your dog along with you to enjoy these outdoor spaces – dogs are allowed on a short lead all around the garden apart from the Kitchen Garden (assistance dogs are permitted here).
Family friendly checklist
- Children under 5 are free
- Single and multiple adult family memberships available
- Shelter from the rain in the house and café, or in one of the outdoor summer houses on the Top Terrace and at Grandfather's Walk
- Baby changing facilities available
- Half portions and lunch boxes in café
- High-chairs available in cafe
- Picnics welcome in the picnic area and around the estate
- Childrens' activities available all year-round
- Pocket-money gifts in our shop