Supporting the community at Stowe
An important part of our work is connecting with the local community. Whether you’re a local resident, school, community group or charity, we believe Stowe should be open and accessible for all. Read more to discover how your group can best access this special place and for full information on accessibility for disabilities.
At Stowe we work hard to build connections and contribute to the communities around us. We're always looking for new ways we can support our neighbours so if you have ideas we’d love to hear from you. Get in touch and drop the team a message.
Helping to reach new groups and make Stowe accessible for all.
Supporting young people here and out in the local community. From welcoming school groups to hosting Toddler Tuesdays, Amy will greet you with a smile.
Here to support you start a volunteering journey at Stowe and across the Aylesbury Vale.
We have a variety of ways you could visit Stowe or opportunities for us to bring a little piece of Stowe to you.
- Community Group Admission Pass – designed to offer free entry throughout the year for groups in Bucks, Northants and Oxon, who are meeting a social need. Being part of this scheme can also open up opportunities to connect more deeply in volunteering and events programming. Request an information pack from Rebecca on 01280 825004 or drop us an email.
- Educational Group Membership – designed for schools and uniform groups. Jump into a world of inspirational trips.
- General discounted group bookings – all groups over 15 people can benefit from reduced admission and more. Plan a visit here.
- Talks and presentations – we like to get out into our local area to meet people and share the stories of the work taking place at Stowe. If you’d like us to attend a local event or visit your group for a talk just let us know. We can offer presentations and talks by various team members including gardeners and community engagement staff. We kindly ask for a donation in order to cover expenses and time, but are flexible to your needs and interests
Access for people with disabilities
The National Trust has a variety of ways individuals with specialist needs can access special places free or at discounted admission rates. Contact the Supporter Services Centre to discuss your specific requirements in relation to the passes outlines below:
- Essential Companion Card - free admission for one companion or carer of a disabled person
- Essential Companion Admit Two Card – as above but for more complex care needs
- Access for All Admittance Pass – in situations where it may be more appropriate for the disabled person to go in free with a paying companion.
To find out more contact the Supporter Services Centre:
Tel: 0344 800 1895 (9am-5.30pm weekdays, 9am-4pm weekends & bank holidays)
Send an enquiry via email.
More information about physical disability access is available on the Disabled Go website.
Bennett Room hire
We have a community space located at the heart of New Inn visitor centre available to hire for commercial use or private functions. We can offer this room for free to community groups or learning groups with a National Trust partnership. The room can cater for up to 50 people dependant on layout and has full disabled access. Catering options are available should you wish to add reshments to your activity. To book the Bennett Room or arrange a viewing call 01280 817156.
Community projects past and present
In 2018, a century on from women achieving the vote, we explored the stories of women at Stowe. You helped to choose great British women to sit in a modern day Temple of British Worthies. The local community played an integral part in creating an exhibition - "Aren't we worthy?" Take a look at how the project began and its legacy.
Wow, what a Christmas we enjoyed in 2019! Visit our 'What's on' to see Christmas events planned the future. Read on to see how the 12 days project came about and the community and artist support developed the event.