Big camp at Stowe
An exciting chance to camp out by the Temple of Friendship for two nights and immerse yourself in the monumental world of Stowe. Tickets are now available and selling quickly, book now online or call 0344 249 1895 to avoid disappointment.
Sign in / register
Unique to Stowe - our location
Located at the tip of North Bucks, Stowe is set in a countryside location easy to reach from Northampton, Milton Keynes, Oxford and Aylesbury. Look us up on google maps using postcode MK18 5EQ.
Unlike any other campsite you could choose, we’re pleased to offer exclusive pitches inside the Grade I historic landscape, amongst temples and lakes. For our camp location we'll be by the Temple of Friendship with fantastic views across the lake creating an atmospheric backdrop.
By choosing Stowe as your camping location, you’ll be supporting our restoration work, whilst you make memories on a family trip your children will never forget.
Relax, reconnect and refresh
The gardens provide a perfect safe haven, allowing families to feel secure with a dedicated Big camp team there to support them the whole time. The event has families in mind and provides a friendlier environment to that of a traditional campsite. Surround yourself with the sounds of wildlife and gaze up at the stars together without any light pollution. Introduce your children to mother nature, connect with the outdoors and spend quality time together. We keep our waste to a minimum, have a recycling station and ensure a greener waste policy.
- Dates: 5-7 August
- Times: Arrival slots available in hourly slots from 1.30pm-4.30pm on 5 August. Once you've booked your tickets, the team at Stowe will get in touch to arrange hourly arrival slots. Depart from campsite by 12noon, 7 August. Enjoy the whole event and explore the gardens until 5pm closing time on 7 August
- Toilets and shower facilities will be available throughout the event
- You’ll receive further information in your booking pack with tickets. Nearer the event date we'll also send you further information regarding arrivals and where to go
- This is a family friendly event; all ages are encouraged to get outdoors for some adventures. There are plenty of different activities to choose from suitable for everyone
Your ticket price includes admission to the gardens throughout the event, dinners and breakfasts on both days to fuel the family (see below Food’s up!) and activities listed below. Prices have been held at our 2019 rate, so grab this great deal. We've also added new family ticket options.
- Adult £90
- Child £45
- Family 2 adults, 2 children £250
- Family 2 adults, 3 children £270
- Babes in arms go free
- Dogs go free
Tickets now on sale
Sleeping under the stars and fun galore are guaranteed to make this the best summer holiday you'll ever take the kids on. Ticket lines are now open, call our team on 0344 249 1895 or book online.
Activities to choose from
- Fishing in the lakes
- Evening storytelling
- Family yoga
- Campfire to toast your marshmallows on
- Star gazing
- Climb Lord Cobham's Pillar (free bookable slots)
- See the gardeners' tools and tractors
- Nature walk at night with the Ranger
- '50 things to do before you're 11¾' crafts
- Family explorer guides
- Explore 250 acres of landscape garden
- Teen activity - Secrets of Stowe summer challenge. Additional charge of £5 per group, available at Stowe, no booking needed
- More activities coming soon!
Top tips for blissful camping
Sharing in a warm family atmosphere is what makes the Big camp event so special, please follow the below tips and requirements to make the most out of your holiday.
- Well behaved dogs are welcome. Dogs must be kept under control at all times. Nearer the time, we'll ask you if your planning on bringing your four-legged friend/s
- Bring along pocket money for additional food and items on sale
- If you’re lucky enough to look under 25 and wish to purchase alcohol from the bar, please bring a form of ID
- Picnics are welcome throughout the gardens and New Inn paddock. We kindly ask you to take litter home or dispose of rubbish with the Big camp team in the evenings
- We ask all guests to take any valuable items with you out and about throughout the event when you are leaving the campsite and exploring the rest of the gardens and parkland
- First aid will be on site at the event
- All under 16s must be accompanied by an adult
The price of your ticket includes some tasty grub to keep your family fuelled for the fun. In addition to the below, you’re welcome to bring your own tasty treats and purchase food from the café.
- Wednesday night barbecue, salad, Jude's ice cream
- Day 1 breakfast rolls, kid's cereals. Meat and veggie paella, fish finger sarnies for dinner with Jude's ice cream
- Day 2 breakfast rolls, kid's cereals
- Please bring your own milk, tea or coffee - we'll provide hot water or alternatively buy drinks to go from Camp HQ
- Please bring plates, bowls, mugs and cutlery. Washing up facilities will be provided
- The Big camp team will be in touch nearer the event to ask you of any dietary requirements. Vegan Paella, vegetarian options and additional menus are available
As well as getting involved in the organised activities, Stowe has many of the '50 things' to do which you can complete at your own pace. You'll find our nature team on hand with a whole load of suggested activities to keep your kids occupied and exploring the great outdoors.