Big Camp at Stowe
An exciting chance to camp out by the Temple of Friendship for two nights and immerse yourself in the monumental world of Stowe. Tickets are now available and selling quickly, book now to avoid disappointment on 01280 817156, 9-5 Mon-Fri.
Unique to Stowe - our location
Located at the tip of North Bucks, Stowe is set in a countryside location easy to reach from Northampton, Milton Keynes, Oxford and Aylesbury. Look us up on google maps using postcode MK18 5EQ.
Unlike any other campsite you could choose, we’re pleased to offer exclusive pitches inside the Grade I historic landscape, amongst temples and lakes. We can reveal for our camp location we'll be by the Temple of Friendship with fantastic views across the lake creating an atmospheric backdrop.
By choosing Stowe as you camping location, you’ll be supporting our restoration work, whilst you make memories on a family trip your children will never forget.
- Ticket lines are now open. Call 01280 817156 to book, please note phone are manned 9am-5pm, Mon-Fri
- Dates: 31 July - 2 August
- Times: Arrival from midday on 31 July. When booking you'll be able to choose an arrival time slot. Depart from camp site 11am, 2 August. Enjoy the whole event and explore the gardens until 5pm closing time on 2 August
- Toilets and shower facilities will be available throughout the event
- You’ll receive further information in your booking pack with tickets. Nearer the event date we'll also send you further information regarding arrivals and where to go
- This is a family friendly event; all ages are encouraged to get outdoors for some adventures. There are plenty of different activities to choose from suitable for everyone
Your ticket price includes admission to the gardens throughout the event, dinners and breakfasts on both days to fuel the family (see below Food’s up!) and activities listed below.
- Adult £90
- Child £45
- Babes in arms go free
Activities to choose from
- Star gazing
- Climb Lord Cobham's Pillar (free bookable slots)
- Fishing in the lakes
- Have-a-go archaeology
- Moth trapping and identification
- Nature walk at night
- 50 things to do before you're 11 3/4
- Family explorer guides
- Explore 250 acres of landscape garden
- More activities coming soon!
Top tips for blissful camping
Sharing in a warm family atmosphere is what makes the Big Camp event so special, please follow the below tips and requirements to make the most out of your holiday.
- Well behaved dogs are welcome. Dogs must be kept under control at all times
- Bring along pocket money for additional food and items on sale
- If you’re lucky enough to look under 25 and wish to purchase alcohol from the bar, please bring a form of ID
- Picnics are welcome throughout the gardens and New Inn paddock. We kindly ask you to take litter home or dispose of rubbish with the Big Camp team in the evenings
- We kindly remind all guests to take any valuable items with you out and about throughout the weekend
- First aid will be on site at the event
- All under 16s must be accompanied by an adult
The price of your ticket includes some tasty grub to keep your family fuelled for the fun. In addition to the below, you’re welcome to bring your own tasty treats and purchase food from the café.
- Wednesday night hog roast, salad, Jude's ice cream
- Day 1 breakfast rolls, kids cereals. Meat and veggie paella, fish finger sarnies for dinner with Jude's ice cream
- Day 2 breakfast rolls, kids cereals
- Please bring plates, bowls, mugs and cutlery. Washing up facilities will be provided
- Please detail dietry requirements upon booking. Vegan Paella, vegetarian options and additional menus are available.
50 things to do before you’re 11 ¾
As well as getting involved in the organised activities, Stowe has many of the 50 things to do which you can complete at your own pace. You'll find our natrure team on hand with a whole load of suggested activites to keep your kids occupied and exploring the great outdoors. Watch this space for more details to come.