A summer of family fun at Arlington
Have fun this summer with the popular family drop-in crafts, garden fun and of course ranger days and more.
Passport trail (£1)
22 July–4 September, 11am-4.30pm
Collect your keepsake passport from reception for £1 then start to explore Arlington as you find out about Roaslie Chichester's world tour. Use the clues as you journey around, complete the activities and uncover the hidden boxes, stamp your passport and start hunting for the next loaction. Once you've completed the trail and stamped all the locations, head on back to reception to collect your final stamp.
Family ranger days
Mondays & Wednesdays, 11am-3pm:
- 24 July: Den building & 26 July: Natural art
- 31 July: Pond dipping & 2 August: Pizza making
- 7 August: Bug hunting & 9 August: Den building
- 14 August: Natural art & 16 August: Bug hunting
- 21 August: Pond dipping & 23 August: Den building
- 28 August: Bug hunting & 30 August: Pond dipping
Join our rangers on a family fun day in the outdoors; learn about the work they do and try your hand at picking up some skills. Please note, there is a strong chance of having too much fun and getting mucky.
Drop-in family crafts
Tuesdays & Thursdays, 12-4pm:
- 25 July: Table mats & 27 July: Sock puppets
- 1 August: Peg creatures & 3 August: Felt bookmarks
- 8 August: Pom pom animals & 10 August: CD fish
- 15 August: Bunting & 17 August: Masks
- 22 August: CD Spinners & 24 August: Insect mobiles
- 29 August: Magnets & 31 August: Hand puppets
Drop-in and get crafty with our family crafting sessions and don't forget to bring your imagination.
Family garden fun
A chance to find out how we care for the gardens and make something special to take home.
- 25 July: Make a rain guage
- 1 August: Printed vegetable plate
- 30 August: How to make a composter with bottles
4, 11, 18 & 25 August, 11am-3pm
Join us every Friday in August for some fundraising colouring in fun as we raise money to conserve the precious silk hangings in the Boudoir. Pick up a poscard to colour in and donate. Four designs to choose from with details from the silk hangings. (Suggested donation 50p)
Drop-in rag rug workshop
Saturday 12 & 19 August, 11am-3pm
Local artist Deborah Hastings will be showing how to make beautiful creations from recycled scraps of material. Find out the basics for free, or make one of her fun designs to take home such as a hedgehog, Jacob sheep, red squirrel and more (£3 each).
And remember your picnic rug - there’s nothing quite like laying out the rug on a lovely summer day and sitting on the lawn enjoying something tasty from the tea-room.