Attingham Fidget Pasty
How to make the Midlands' own delicious equivalent of a Cornish pasty.
- 580g puff pastry - cut into 8 x 14cm squares
- 230g diced (1.5cm) cooked ham
- 230g diced (1.5cm) eating apple
- 230g finely diced onion
- 8g roughly chopped fresh sage
- 50g flour
- 50g butter
- 300ml pint whole milk
- 300ml vegetable stock
- Black pepper
- Lightly sweat the onions without colouring, before then adding the sage and leaving to cool.
- Prepare the white sauce and then leave to cool.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the ham, apple, sage, onion and white sauce.
- Adjust the seasoning if required.
- Put 86g of mixture into the middle of each pastry square.
- Brush the edges of the pastry with milk.
- Fold the pastry in half to make a triangle & crimp the edges.
- Before cooking brush over the pastry with whole milk.
- Cook at 200°c until golden brown.