Belton Yule Feuille
Impress your guests with this elegant dessert from Belton which is easy to make and simply delicious.
Cakes and bakes
- 500g/1lb 4oz (ready-made) Puff pastry
- 500ml/20fl oz Whipping cream
- 1tbsp Brandy
- 150g/6oz Mr Pitchfork’s mincemeat (or other good quality ready-made mincemeat)
- Icing sugar (for decoration)
- Preheat oven to 220C/425F/Gas 7.
- Roll out the pastry large enough to cut out twelve rectangles, each measuring 10cm x 6cm. Top tip: Use a round blade rather than a sharp point as this will achieve a better rise.
- Lay the rectangles on a lined baking sheet, prick with a fork, brush with beaten egg and bake for 8-10 minutes until risen and golden brown. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Gently warm the mincemeat in a pan until the suet has dissolved. Set aside to cool.
- In a clean bowl, whip the cream until it forms soft peaks and then gently stir in the brandy. If required, add sugar to taste.
- Cut each cooked rectangle in half horizontally and layer the mincemeat and whipped cream inside and gently sandwich together.
- Dust with icing sugar to finish, any other festive trimmings you see fit.