A pesto, pasta and superseed salad adventure
Whether you are exploring a landscape or finding a 'scary beast', this is something delicious and packed with protein to set you up for a afternoon adventure.
- 140g/5oz dried pasta bows
- 115g/4oz pesto
- 2 tbsp sunflower seeds
- 3 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 30g/1oz walnut pieces
- 1/2 small iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- 3 tbsp fresh chopped parsley
- 30g/1oz mange tout, sliced
- 400g/14oz can five-bean mix, drained, rinsed with cold water and drained again
- 3 tbsp mayonnaise
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Add the pasta to a large saucepan of boiling water and cook for 10-12 minutes until just tender. Drain into a colander, rinse with cold water and drain again.
- Spoon the pesto into a large bowl, add the pasta and stir into the pesto until evenly coated.
- Add the sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds and walnut pieces to a frying pan and dry fry for 2-3 minutes until lightly toasted. Removed from the heat and add to the pasta while still hot.
- Add the lettuce, carrot, parsley and mange tout to the pasta then mix in the beans and mayonnaise. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Spoon into individual bowls to serve and prepare for an adventure.