Courgette and stilton soup
This is a simple soup, but it packs a punch in terms of flavours. What better way to bring some colour to your kitchen?
- 1tbsp vegetable oil
- 250g/9oz onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 500g/1lb 2oz courgettes, cut into chunks
- 200g/7oz potatoes, diced
- 850ml/1½ pints vegetable stock
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 85g/3oz stilton chees, rind removed, diced
- 2 tbsp fresh chopped chives
- Heat the oil in a medium saucepan, add the onion and garlic and fry over a low heat for 10 minutes, stirring until softened. Add the courgette and potatoes and mix well.
- Pour over the stock, add a little salt and pepper and bring to the boil. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Purée the soup with a stick blender still in the saucepan, adding half the stilton until smooth, or transfer to a liquidiser and purée in batches. Taste and adjust the seasoning if needed.
- Reheat and then ladle into bowls, sprinkle with the chopped chives and remaining stilton. Serve with warm crusty bread and butter.