Chicken and chickpea stew
Try out this delicious stew, flavoured with delicate spices.
- 12oz diced chicken thigh
- 300ml chicken stock
- 2 red onions, peeled and diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and ﬁnely chopped
- 4oz sultanas
- 4oz apricots, chopped 8oz spinach
- 1 stick of celery, chopped
- 1 small tin chickpeas, drained 1 small tin chopped tomatoes
- ½ tspn cumin seeds
- ½ tspn mixed spice 1 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- To garnish, creme fraiche and chopped parsley
Heat the oil in a large pan and fry the onion and garlic until soft. Add the chicken and fry, turning frequently, until lightly browned all over.
Reduce the heat and add the cumin seeds, mixed spice and celery and cook for a further 5 minutes. Add the chicken stock and cook for a further 15 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
Add the chopped tomatoes, chickpeas, sultanas, apricots and simmer for 10 minutes. Add the spinach and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Serve in bowls, garnished with creme fraiche and chopped parsley.