Carding Mill Valley water mint cupcakes
This is a simple cupcake recipe that uses an easily foraged ingredient: water mint. It can be found in Carding Mill Valley growing around the mill pools in July and August. This recipe makes 12 cupcakes.
175g (6oz) flour
175g (6oz) butter
175g (6oz) caster sugar
1 cap full of vanilla essence
3 eggs (beaten)
washed water mint leaves (amount varies to taste, about 1 heaped handful and a half)
16 chunks of white chocolate
12 washed water mint flowers
- Preheat oven to gas mark 5.
- Beat butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Add egg a little at a time, beating thoroughly.
- Sift a small amount of flour and add to mixture between additions of egg.
- Separately food process the water mint into small pieces and mix thoroughly into mixture.
- Add vanilla essence .
- Sift flour and fold into mixture.
- Pour into paper cases and put in the oven for 25 minutes (until knife comes out clean).
- Bring out and leave to cool.
- Melt the white chocolate and drizzle over the cupcakes.
- Put a blob of white chocolate in the middle and stick a water mint flower on top.
- Leave or put into the fridge for the chocolate to harden.