Charlecote Park scones
Make a batch of these scones and enjoy with jam from our Servants' Hall shop.
- 460g (16oz) self-raising flour
- 1tsp salt
- 2 sp baking powder
- 110g (4oz) soft margarine or butter
- 65g (2oz) caster sugar
- 110g (4oz) sultanas (optional)
- Milk to bind
- Preheat a floured baking tray in the oven at 180C / Gas 4.
- Mix flour, salt and baking powder in a bowl.
- Lightly rub the margarine (or butter) into the flour.
- Add sugar and sultanas, and mix together.
- Gradually add the milk, a tbsp at a time, until you can bind the mixture together ready to roll out.
- Roll the dough out to about 1 inch thick and cut into rounds, re-rolling the remaining dough as necessary (you should have about 8 - 9 scones).
- Place on the heated baking tray and bake for 15 minutes.
- Cool and dredge with icing sugar before filling with jam and cream.