Apple Anniversary at Cotehele
This year's Apple Weekend at Cotehele is extra special because we're celebrating the 10th anniversary of the Mother Orchard planting.
Saturday 22 and Sunday 23 September, 10.30am-4.30pm
No need to book, come anytime.
It's hard to believe that ten years have passed since we planted Mother Orchard to create a collection of apple trees local to Devon and Cornwall. The trees have matured well over the years and are producing lots of fruit.
Lots to see and do
We’ll be in the Mother Orchard for our annual apple weekend, celebrating the apple harvest and Mother Orchard's tenth anniversary. This is a fun day out for all ages, with orchard tours, apple displays and tastings, Tamar Valley apple varieties information, and the traditional cider making 'Big Squeeze' each day when we crank up the huge Victorian cider press. There'll also be a special 'Juice Lab' for children to blend their own apple drinks and a trail too. Assistance dogs only please.
- Every hour on the hour: meet at the Victorian cider press in the Mother Orchard for a talk and demonstration as we build the 'cheese'
- 2pm: orchard tour - meet at the grass circle
- 3.30pm: 'The Big Squeeze' in the Victorian cider press
- The Barn Restaurant and Edgcumbe tea-room will feature special recipes using local apples
- Cotehele Mill will be milling flour on Sunday
- Also on Sunday you can peek Behind the Scenes at Cotehele
- The 'Seasons of change' exhibition in Cotehele Gallery features intricate mirrors by Joan Bose, beautiful crafted furniture, nature-themed soft furnishings, watercolour paintings by Peter Dolbear and more
- Assistance dogs only please