The Great British Country Apple weekend at Cotehele
Come along for Cotehele's annual apple weekend combined with a lively and lovely country apple fair.
Saturday 23 and Sunday 24 September, 10.30am-4.30pm
No need to book, come anytime.
Lots to see and do
We’ll be in the Mother Orchard with Miss Ivy Events for a country apply fair. There will be over 40 artisan, gift and food stalls, live music with Macquarrie & Tom, falconry displays, workshops, apple displays, welly-wanging, archery, Cornish cider, pulled-pork baps, a kids' fruit juice lab, apple pests and diseases on display, a display of pruning and apple training, Tamar Valley apple varieties information, and the traditional cider making 'Big Squeeze' each day when we crank up the huge Victorian cider press. This is a fun day out for all ages. Assistance dogs only please.
- Adult NT members: £3 (members who do not wish to attend the show will be admitted to the house and garden for free as usual)
- Adult non-members: £4 (includes entry into the house and garden)
- Under 17s: free (includes entry into the house and garden)
- Parking: £3, members with a National Trust sticker park free.
- Every hour on the hour: meet at the Victorian cider press in the Mother Orchard for a talk and demonstration as we build the 'cheese'
- 2.15pm: orchard tour - meet at the grass circle
- 3.30pm: 'The Big Squeeze' in the Victorian cider press
- The Barn Restaurant will feature a special apple and cider drizzle cake
- The Edgcumbe tea-room on Cotehele Quay will feature an apple and cinnamon scone served with blackcurrant jam and clotted cream
- Cotehele Mill will be milling flour on Sunday
- The 'Sunlight and Shadows' exhibition in Cotehele Gallery features intricate silver wirework, bronze sculpture, glass, paintings and more
- Assistance dogs only please