Making the most of your visit to Croome
There’s so much to see during your visit. Whether it’s an hour, half a day or whole day, we’ve compiled the ‘must sees’ to make the most of time.
To make the most of your limited time:
- Visit the RAF museum and learn about the Second World War secret airbase.
- Let off steam in the RAF themed play area or wild play area.
- Encounter statues, temples and follies on a walk around the lakeside.
- Look inside the church and be amazed by the views of the parkland from its doorway.
- Spend some time in the bird hide in the Church Shrubbery.
- Discover the Rotunda with views to the Malvern Hills.
- Browse the second-hand bookshop, shop and plant sales.
- Visit the 1940s themed restaurant.
Half a day
A little more times gives you a chance to explore further afield:
- Grab one of our self-guided walk maps from the Visitor Centre with walks ranging from two to four and a half miles.
- Experience our Potter and Ponder sensory map which encourages visitors with disabilities to experience our beautiful parkland.
- Discover Croome Court at the heart of the parkland with it’s poetic introductory film, exhibitions and daily guided tours.
- Stop for a quick bite or a cup of tea in the basement of the court.
- Our friendly reception team will give you a welcome map which has all the key things to see and do to help you enjoy your day (just a few listed above).
- With more time, why not discover some of our outer eye-catchers such as The Panorama Tower or Dunstall Castle by following the way-markers from the Visitor Centre.
- Walk through the wooded ‘Shelter Belt’ with the chance to spot a variety of wildlife including deer and listen to birdsong including the nightingale.
- Bring a picnic releax at one of the many picnic tables or deckchairs around the parkland.