Croome's Capability Brownie
Celebrate this years 300th birthday anniversary of 'Capability' Brown with a recipe to make a deliciously squidgy brownie at home.
- 175g Margarine
- 62g Cocoa powder
- 300g Caster sugar
- Pinch Salt
- 7ml Vanilla flavouring
- 3 Eggs
- 125g Gluten free self-raising flour
- Heat the oven to 170 degrees celsius. Melt the margarine in a saucepan over a medium heat.
- Stir the cocoa powder into the melted margarine and stir to dissolve.
- Stir in the sugar and stir until the mix becomes thick.
- Lightly beat the eggs, vanilla and salt together and add half to the pan.
- Beat the mixture until the eggs are incorporated then add the remaining eggs and beat again.
- Use a spoon to mix inthe flour and once combined pour into the baking tray.
- Place in the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes or until risen and the centre has a slight wobble. Remove from the oven and leave to go cold before serving.