Mexican style pork
A Mexican style, one pot, pork dish. Spicy with tones of dark cocoa.
- 2 red chillis
- 10ml veg oil
- 75g roughly chopped onions
- 500g Diced pork
- 400g chopped tomatoes
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 25ml white wine vinegar
- 25g dark brown sugar
- 20g dark chocolate
- 200g sweetcorn
- 160g tinned five bean mixed beans
- 4g fresh coriander chopped
- Salt & pepper
- Place the chillies on a tray and cook in an oven at 180c for 5 -10 mins.
- Remove the skin from the chillies and chop.
- Place the onion and chillies in a pan with the vegetable oil over a medium heat and sauté gently till softened.
- Add the diced pork and stir well, cook until the pork is sealed on the outside and starting to release some of its juices.
- Add the tomatoes and a little water, bring to the boil, stir well and reduce the heat.
- Add the carrots and peppers, stir again and add sufficient water to cover the ingredients.Bring to the boil then reduce and simmer, cooking for around an hour until the pork and vegetable are soft.
- Add the vinegar, sugar and chocolate and stir well.
- Add the sweetcorn and beans, bring back to the boil, add sufficient water to achieve the correct consistency and season with salt and pepper.Stir through the coriander and serve.