Mushroom Soup Recipe
Soups and starters
- 2.5g dried mushrooms
- 10g butter
- 200g onions
- 1/4 bulb of garlic
- 400g mushrooms
- 30ml double cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place the dried mushrooms in a processor and blitz until broken down, place in a bowl and add enough boiling water to cover, put to one side to soak.
- Place your soup pan over a medium heat and add the butter. When melted, add the onions and garlic, sauté for around 15 minutes or until soft and transparent.
- Rinse the mushrooms and chop into pieces, add to the soup pan and increase the heat.
- Stir well, reduce the heat and sauté for a further 10-15 minutes or until the mushrooms are softening and lightly coloured. Add the soaked dried mushrooms and stir well.
- Add the cream, stir well and blend, adding additional water if necessary. Season to taste.