Vegan curry one pot
Create a warming and tasty vegan curry one pot at home.
- 15ml vegetable oil
- one large onion (roughly chopped)
- 10g fresh coriander
- 2 cloves garlic (crushed or chopped)
- 55g tikka masala paste
- 100g carrots (cut into small pieces)
- 1 large potato (cut into small pieces)
- 250g cauliflower florets (cut into small pieces)
- 1 vegetable bouillon cube
- 10g caster sugar
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cardamom pod
- 60g spinach
- 15g mango chutney
- 100ml coconut milk
- 1 400g tin chickpeas (drained)
- 2g fresh mint (chopped)
- Roughly chop the onion.
- Cut the stalks from the coriander and chop them finely, roughly chop the leaves.
- Place the oil in a large stock pot over a medium heat and once hot add the onion, garlic, coriander stalks and tikka paste. Stir well and sauté for 5-10 minutes until the onion has softened.
- Chop the carrot, potato and cauliflower into small pieces and add to the onion mix in the pan.
- Add the vegetable bouillon, half the caster sugar, cinnamon, cardamom pod and enough water to cover bring to the boil and then reduce to a simmer. Cook for 20-30 minutes or until the vegetables are soft. Alternatively you could transfer to a suitable container and cook this in the oven.
- Add the spinach leaves, half the coriander leaves, half the mango chutney, coconut milk, chickpeas and the mint stir well. Add sufficient water to achieve your preferred consistency. Bring back to a simmer for 5 minutes.
- Season well with salt and pepper and the remaining sugar.
- Garnish with mango chutney and chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve with chunks of fresh bloomer bread.