Dudmaston Gingerbread Men
This easy recipe for gingerbread men is great for children and can make wonderful festive gifts
- 350g Plain flour
- 2 tbsp Ground ginger
- 1 tbsp Cinnamon
- 175g Butter
- 200g Light brown sugar
- 2 tbsp Golden syrup
- 1 Egg
- Mix together the flour, bicarbonate of soda, ginger, and cinnamon.
- Once mixed together rub in the butter until the mixture turns like breadcrumbs.
- Add the sugar.
- Mix together the golden syrup and egg and add into the mixture to form a dough.
- Roll out dough until it measures between 1-2 cm in thickness.
- Using cutters of your choice cut out shapes ready for baking.
- Place shapes on a flat oven tray and place in the oven for 15/20mins at gas mark 4/ 180C.
- Once cooled get creative, how will you decorate yours?