Visiting Erddig: what you need to know
We're looking forward to welcoming you back. The parkland, garden, Wolf's Den, car parks, takeaway café and toilets are now open. To ensure the safety of our visitors, staff, volunteers and local communities, we've reduced the number of people we can welcome at one time and you’ll need to book your visit in advance. In this article you’ll find everything you need to know about what's open and what to expect from your visit.
Arrival and parking
- Please park in the main car park and follow signs to the Ticket Office where your booking details will be confirmed. Please have your booking confirmation ready to show our staff (either on your phone or a printed copy) and if you’re a member or volunteer, you’ll also need to show your membership or volunteer card.
- Please note: we currently have no overflow parking so whilst we will ensure there is parking for pre booked tickets, we cannot guarantee parking for those visiting the estate only. However we do have parking at Felin Puleston and Sontley Road Car Parks for anyone wishing to walk on the estate.
- We have designated blue badge holder parking close to Visitor Reception. Please ask a member of staff on arrival.
- Campervans that are used for transport are welcome but are not permitted to stay overnight. At this time we’re unable to welcome caravans and coaches.
- There is no limit to the amount of time you can spend at Erddig during your visit.
The safety of our staff, volunteers and visitors is our priority. To ensure that social distance is maintained have set up new one-way routes round the garden and parkland. Look out for signs while you’re here which will explain any changes to how you can access different parts of the site.
To help keep everyone safe, please follow social distancing and government guidance when you visit. If you’re showing any of the symptoms of coronavirus, or if you've been in contact with anyone that has the virus in the last 14 days, please don’t visit.
- The parkland and estate is open and free to access with a number of walks to enjoy.
- The garden and Wolf's Den are open but pre-booking is essential.
- The Parlour in the Midden Yard is open for light refreshments for pre-booked ticket holders only.
- Toilets are available in the Midden Yard for pre-booked ticket holders only.
- The house, the stables, outbuildings, shop and restaurant remain closed.
- We are working hard to get more spaces open as soon as it's safe to do so.
Bringing a dog?
- Dogs are welcome in the Midden Yard, car park, and on the estate but they must be kept on a lead.
- We welcome registered assistance dogs only in the garden and Stable Yard.
- There's an off lead zone for dogs around Felin Puleston – please follow the signs.
- Garden routes are gravel paths with wheelchair / pushchair friendly options.
- There are some one way points which you may need to go against the flow for easy access - check with staff on arrival and they will be able to ensure assistance is provided.
- If you have any concerns during your visit please just ask a member of staff.
Exploring the garden
The garden is looking lovely, but it won’t be quite as you’re used to seeing it. We’ve had almost no gardeners in the property for many weeks, while everyone stayed home and stayed safe.
We have a small team in now, but nowhere near what we’re used to, so the garden isn't perhaps as well-groomed as you might be expecting. There are some weeds and rough edges; please bear with us as we do what we can as soon as we can, and instead enjoy all the many other pleasures that our garden has to offer.
Book your tickets
How to book
All visitors must book a ticket in advance, including members. Entry and parking is free for members, but please bring your membership card with you. Non-members will need to pay in advance.
Please book one ticket per person, except for children aged 5 or under as they don’t need a ticket.
- You’ll need to choose a 30-minute arrival time for the day you want to visit.
- The timeslot is for your arrival time only
- Tickets are for your use only and are not available for resale
- We'll send your booking confirmation by email. Please make sure you fill in your correct email address when you book to ensure you receive your confirmation email.
Every Friday we'll release new bookings for visits the following week. You can book up to 18 hours before a timeslot.
Due to limited spaces, we’re asking that you only book once a week to allow others a chance to visit.
Help support key workers
To say thank you to our nation's key workers and all they have done for us, we're encouraging visitors to keep the first and last slots of each day free for key workers to use. While we are unable to 'reserve' these slots exclusively for key workers, we hope you will join us in thanking them by leaving these times free. If you or someone in your group are a key worker, please take the opportunity to book these early and late timeslots.