A savoury delight that's easy to bake.
- 300g/12oz cottage cheese
- 600g/24oz grated cheddar cheese
- 7 eggs
- splash of milk
- 1 lined flan dish (30cm approx)
- Part bake the pastry case for 12 minutes at 180oC.
- Crack the eggs into a large mixing bowl, add the splash of milk and beat well.
- Stir in the cheddar and cottage cheese and seasoning to taste (you could also add some herbs of your choice).
- Mix well.
- Transfer the cheese mixture into the part-baked pastry case and place in a 160oC oven. We'd recommend placing it on a baking tray in case any of the mixture bubbles out.
- Bake for approximately 35-45 minutes or until the top is golden brown and the filling sets to a firm springy texture.
Enjoy immediately or leave to cool slightly and serve warm with a salad garnish.
N.b if you are using a smaller flan dish, simply reduce the number of eggs and amounts of cheese.