Brandy snaps from Greys Court
A very simple and sweet treat, this is a perfect bake to make when time is limited and you're wanting to treat yourself. We've found this recipe in Lady Brunner's collection that we have here at Greys Court, and this is a really unique recipe. Whether you fancy them as biscuits, or rolled up with vanilla whipped cream, they are a great winter snack.
- 1/4 lb/115g Plain Flour
- 1/4 lb/115g Sugar
- 1/4 oz/7g Ginger
- 1/4 lb/115g Butter
- 1/4 lb/115g Syrup
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 200g Whipping cream
- 100g Sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla powder/extract
- Put all the ingredients into a saucepan and warm.
- Stir well untill all is combined, and put out onto a well-greased baking tray in teaspoonfuls, six inches or so apart.
- Bake in an oven heated to 180C until golden brown, and leave for a few moments to cool.
- While the snaps are cooking, whip together the cream, sugar and vanilla until it forms stiff peaks.
- Roll up the still warm and soft snaps, then fill with the whipped cream.