Hanbury Blackcurrant Scones
This brand new recipe has been a hit with all out visitors in the Servants Hall Tea room at Hanbury. We use the blackcurrants from our gardens at Hanbury, but you can use your own... and don't forget the cream and jam!
Cakes and bakes
- 675g Self-raising flour
- 170g Baking margarine
- 125g Caster Sugar
- 125g Blackcurrants
- 2 Eggs
- 250ml Milk
- Pre heat the oven to 180c (160 fan)/ 350f/ Gas mark 4.
- Place the flour, margarine, and caster sugar in a mixing bowl and mix with an electric mixture or whisk and mix until it resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Add the blackcurrants, and gradually mix in the eggs and the milk a little at a time until the mixture comes together and forms a dough.
- Remove the dough from the bowl and place onto a well-floured surface.
- Roll out and cut with a pastry cutter.
- Place the scones on a baking tray, brush the tops of them with milk and bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes.
- Add the jam and cream and enjoy!