Hanbury courgette and Stilton soup
This light soup with a cheesy edge is a great recipe to make if you are growing courgettes at home as we use the ones grown in the walled garden at Hanbury!
Soups and starters
- 25ml Vegetable oil
- 750g Onions, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 Bulb of garlic, peeled and chopped
- 1.25kg Hanbury courgettes, sliced
- 625g Hanbury potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 25g Vegetable bouillon
- 100g Stilton cheese
- 2.5g Salt
- 1.25g Pepper
- Place the oil in a pan on a high heat and leave to heat up. Add the onions and the garlic, reduce the heat and leave to sauté for up to 10 minutes, or until they have softened.
- Then add the courgettes and the potatoes and stir well.
- Add the bouillon and enough water to cover the vegetables, and then bring it back to the boil until the vegetables are soft.
- Blend the soup with a stick blender until perfectly smooth, adding extra water if needed.
- Add half of the Stilton and blend again until smooth and creamy.
- Crumble the remaining of the Stilton into the soup and stir well.Then season the soup with the salt and pepper until the soup is the correct flavour.
- When ready to serve, sprinkle the crumbled Stilton cheese over the top of the soup.